Monday, December 12, 2011

Pinterest Projects for the Week

Anyone who knows me well understands that I am OBSESSED with Pinterest.  It is a serious addiction that is spreading itself all over my house.  You cannot find my kitchen table unless you want to remove all of my current craft supplies and projects.  I am currently scheduled for a day off tomorrow and am very excited.  In addition to cleaning our house (it needs a major overhaul right now), and putting up our Christmas decorations (including my first real live tree), I also plan on getting the supplies to finish up a couple of projects that I found on Pinterest.  Below are the list of projects in priority that I hope to finish by the end of this week!

Felt Rosette Trees
This is a no-sew project I have been working on for my sister.  As discussed in a previous post, I made her some ornaments for her tree.  She had asked for some teal accents, but I didn't really have the supplies to work on that, so I decided I would make a teal rosette tree to use as a centerpiece on her coffee table.  This project has taken considerably longer than expected due to having to cut out all of the felt spirals for the rosettes.  I haven't even started hot gluing the rosettes together!  Hopefully I have enough felt cut and I can start on the hot glue tonight!
Mantel Decoration
Last weekend at a craft party, I made an ornament wreath with green and red ornaments.  It turned out really well, but I need to finish it up with a bow (found an easy tutorial for that online).  I also want to paint a large 'J' and 'Y' so that I can use the wreath as my 'O' and spell out 'JOY' above the fireplace mantel.  I am dying to finish up my fireplace mantel decorations so it can really look like Christmas around here!

Monogram Tree Topper
Since Matt and I did not put up a tree last year (too much work after just having a baby and we weren't around for Xmas anyway), we don't remember what decorations we do and don't have.  The year before last, I used a top hat for a Christmas Tree topper, so I am entirely unsure if we have a tree topper.  I found this really cool project on Pinterest that involves some glitter scrapbook paper and a cardboard letter.  This will be project #2 for tomorrow!

Thumbtack Tree
I don't want to give Jamie just one felt rosette tree and to incorporate the gold theme back into her centerpieces, I found what looks to be a really easy tree made with thumbtacks.  I am hoping I can find some gold thumbtacks and use a small styrofoam cone to finish this off.  I have a feeling this will take much longer than I expect, but at least it should be mindless!
No-Sew Fabric Scrap Tutu
Last year we had tons of Christmas and Holiday-themed outfits for Morgan to wear.  This year...I only have one shirt and two sets of pajamas.  I have decided that I need to rectify this situation ASAP and what is an easier way to do that then make this no-sew fabric scrap tutu in holiday-themed fabrics.  I do realize buying a holiday-themed outfit may be easier, but not as much fun or look quite as cute!  I'm thinking instead of a fabric flower, I will do a little santa or whatever fun embellishment I can find.

Yarn Tree
This past weekend at our craft party, I made one yarn tree (blurry pic below).  My hope is to make two more in two different colors.  I am thinking red and white/cream.  Hopefully I can find the right yarn tomorrow to finish up the project.

Santa Bucket
I'm  not sure if I saw this on Pinterest or one of the blogs I follow, but I LOVE this Santa bucket and think it would be the perfect storage for all of my Christmas books.  Granted, I don't really  have any Christmas books right now, but I know I am getting some from Morgan and my hope is that I will continue to get one or two from the girls every year for Christmas. 

Now the race is on.  Will I get all my projects done by the end of the week (doubtful)?  Will I get some of my projects done by the end of the week (a strong possibility)?  Or will the whole week go to crap and I will be left empty handed (a likely possibility but hopefully this is not the case)?  Stay tuned to find out more!

1 comment:

  1. Love this!!! I can't wait to see all your Christmas decorations!! Don't forget your coupons for Michael's and Hobby Lobby!! I just bought some mod podge to work on photo coasters. I am also going to make the girls those scrap skirts! Love the Christmas colors idea!! Have fun and good luck!!

    ReplyDelete