Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Depression...Is Pinterest the Remedy?

I'm not sure if it is because of the pregnancy hormones, the stressful work situation, or the lack of preparation for Christmas, but I have been in a major funk for at least a full week now.  I've always been a moody person so losing my temper quickly isn't necessarily a surprise, especially when it gets stressful at the end of the year, but it feels like my mood is never swinging up.  I'm kind of hoping that the next few weeks will mellow me out.  I'm also hoping I'll be able to get some more sleep in the next few weeks as I definitely think my bad mood could be related to lack of sleep.  Not only is Morgan getting up early, but I have difficulty sleeping with the pregnancy anyway, so it's a double whammy. 

Ok, enough whining.  In the words of some random 8-year-old, "if you are feeling blue, tryin painting yourself a different color."  I am going to take that to heart and make an effort to be happier!  Step one to making myself happier is working on my crafts and art projects!  I really enjoyed my week of Pinterest, so I think I am going to try again.  Below are the projects I would like to work on this week.  They may not have all come from Pinterest, but I will give it credit anyway since the website got me in the crafting mood!

Santa Bucket
This was on my Pinterest project list last time, but I didn't have time to get it finished.  I know Christmas is over, but I still want to get this done so it is ready to go for 2012.  I received plenty of Christmas books as presents this year and I can't wait to create a specialy place to store them!
Minky Blanket
One of the most exciting gifts received for Christmas was a sewing machine from my in-laws (my beautiful teal diaper bag from my parents is also a top contender for best gift of 2011).  I realize this blanket may be beyond a beginner skill-level, but I am determined to make a beautiful blanket for Amelia's nursery.  I love the colors of the blanket below, so I am on a mission to find similar fabrics in stores near me.  I know they sell the minky fabric at Hobby Lobby, but I haven't yet found a patterened fabric that I love.  Watch out family and friends...once I get the hang of this sewing machine, everyone will be getting minky blankets!
Pillow Cover
I really do need a beginner project for my sewing machine and what could be easier than a pillow cover for my office?  Yes, I realize there probably are easier things, but I am hoping this is an easy assignment.  I found several tutorials online, so I am hoping I can actually finish this project not only in one night, but without tearfully calling my sister or Kristin (the two people I know who sew) to ask for advice.  If the pillow making is not "super easy" as the name suggests, I am sure I will be relaying the entire saga in detail next week. 
The most fun part will be finding the perfect fabric to compliment the teal walls and black furniture!  Depending on how the pillow cover and minky blanket turn out, I may make a throw for the office as well.  Oh the joys of crafting/sewing! 

Happy Crafting and Pinning to everyone!  I will probably be posting later in the week with my New Year's Resolutions.  Matt and I are working on several together to make us more financially sound in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment