Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day

I have been remiss in starting this blog as my original intention was to start right after Morgan was born and keep everyone up to date on her progress.  Since pregnancy has started my mind has slowly started to fade away and I find myself forgetting things ALL THE TIME!  Oh well, better late than never. 

My goal for this blog remains the same - to keep our families updated on where we are now and how big Morgan has grown! 

St. Patrick's Day is one of my favorite holidays as everyone is encouraged to wear my favorite color...GREEN!  Plus, who doesn't love the IRISH?!?  4 years ago St. Patrick's Day fell on a Saturday and I tried to convince Matt to use it as our wedding day.  He didn't feel that was appropriate as he was not Irish and didn't feel the same connection with the holiday as I do. 

Below is a picture of Morgan all dressed up for St. Patrick's Day.  The socks are from her Grandma (my mom) and the outfit is from her Nain (mother-in-law).

It's amazing how fast she is growing.  She will be 5 months tomorrow and she is already sitting up!  I really think she might be able to crawl by the time she reaches 6 months and I'm worried because Matt and I are not ready!  Baby proofing here we come! 

Matt and I both feel incredibly lucky that Morgan is such a happy child, but she does have her moments.  She has been experimenting with different noises this week and she definitely got down whining :(  Morgan is also not very good about going to bed.  I completely blame myself, but now am unsure how to get myself out of it.  We currently spend the half the week staying at my in-laws and half the week staying at our house, so my plan is to really work on her sleeping habits as soon as we return to our house full time (sometime in the next 5 weeks after Matt's last rotation).  What can I say?  I'm the Queen of Procrastination!  More on that debaucle when it starts in 5-6 weeks.

Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone!  Enjoy some corned beef, cabbage, and green beer!  Erin Go Bragh!

No comments:

Post a Comment